General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are set out to confirm that both parties understand the scope of the work to be carried out, the costs involved, the time scale set for payments and the issues regarding client property.
- Registration of client details and initial consultation are complimentary for up to 1 hour. Any time after this, will be charged at £45 per hour.
- Responsibility of final proofreading of documents lies with the client and any errors or omissions notified within the first 48 hours will be free of charge. After 48 hours it shall be deemed that the work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions and Business Tree will accept no liability or loss arising from the performance of any services carried out under the agreement.
- Errors or omissions reported after 48 hours will still be corrected but the additional time spent will be charged to the client at 50% of the hourly rate.
- For reasons of safety and insurance, personal visits to our premises are not permitted. Any and all necessary meetings will be held at an alternative location, including handing over of equipment.
- Business Tree recommends that any original documents to be sent via Dropbox or One Drive.
- A signed contract is required before commencement of work. This indicates acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- Business Tree will not be held responsible or liable for the end use of any document or work carried out by us. We retain the right to reject work which involves material we feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable
- Upon booking training sessions, courses, networking or other work, refunds are not provided. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. A 24 -hour written notice is required if training is to be rescheduled. An admin fee of £25 is required if rescheduled subsequent times.
Due to unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to reschedule a client’s booking.
Written quotations will be provided prior to any work commencing
- Work will be presented using Microsoft Office applications. All incoming e-mails will be scanned for viruses however clients remain responsible for ensuring they have their own virus protection.
- We have no liability for any loss, damage or misappropriation of your files, social media platforms or MailerLite/ mailChimp account.
- Contracts for social media management packages may be terminated within 30 days with written notice only by either party. We reserve the right to charge for any work carried out prior to cancellation.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure a reliable service, in the event of equipment failure, Business Tree cannot be held liable for any loss of information.
- Any time taken to carry out work experimentally at the client’s request, or discussing an assignment in detail will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
Charges, Payments & Cancellations
- Monthly retainer packages must be paid in advance upon receipt of invoice by 1st of each month. A deposit of up to 50% may be requested before commencement of work for PAYG clients
- Payment can be made by BACS transfer or Vier Stripe payment gateway
- Any bank charges as a result of returned funds or cancelled payments are the responsibility of the client and will be recovered accordingly.
- If the client’s original requirements change, we reserve the right to change our original quotation following suitable consultation with the client
- Payments for monthly retainers are strictly 7 days from date of invoice. If payment is not made within 7 days, Business Tree will accept no further work and reserves the right to charge 5% interest per month on the outstanding balance, from the date of invoice until the date of payment. Training and ad-hoc work is to be paid upon receipt of invoice. Monthly retainers are to be paid on 1st of each month.
- Any and all costs incurred for chasing and/or recovering the outstanding payment will be added to the clients account.
- Telephone, travel, printing, stationery, postage and other expenses will be charged separately to hourly rate/package cost where incurred
- Mileage for required car travel will be charged at a rate of 45p per mile.
- If turnaround of work of 24 hours is requested, an additional charge may occur.
- All charges will be reviewed on 14th September of each year and clients will be notified of any new changes in writing.
Confidentiality & Data Protection
- Confidentiality is guaranteed at all times
- No information will be made available to any third party
- Work will be backed up and will be kept on file for a period of 6 months. After this time, work will be deleted unless specifically instructed.
- Client’s must make copies of all their data and information and insure their property for use away from their premises prior to giving them to Business Tree.